How it all works...
- The ODK Collect mobile app communicates with the ODK Aggregate server to transfer form data.
- The data sent from the phone is posted to a PostGIS database, which is configured as a GeoServer data store.
- A GeoServer SQL View transforms the lat, lng coordinates into WKB geometries, which are served as WMS and GeoJSON GeoServer feeds.
- A simple Leaflet map displays our data in realtime!
- Want to load the data into your GIS? Grab the WMS GetCapabilities link.
- Want to view the data in Google Earth? Grab the KML link.
- Want to view the tabular data? Grab the GeoServer CSV or view the linked Fusion Table.
- Of course you can always grab a shapefile if that's your thing...